azelaic ointment 20%
Why is azelaic acid used?
• Azelaic acid is a skin ointment used to treat acne vulgaris
Do not use azelaic acid:
If you are allergic to azelaic acid or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
Warnings and precautions:
Azelaic acid is for external use on the skin only. You should not allow azelaic acid to come in contact with your eyes, mouth, or other mucous membranes. If this occurs, immediately flush the eyes, mouth, or other mucous membranes with large amounts of cool water.
Possible side effects:
Reasons to stop using azelaic acid
Stop using azelaic acid if you think you are having an allergic reaction (such as a rash) to azelaic acid.
If the skin irritation remains bothersome:
• Reduce the amount of azelaic acid you use each time
• Or apply it once a day
• or stop treatment temporarily
How to use azelaic acid:
Adults and Teens (12-18 years old)
• Thoroughly wash the area to be treated with plain water. If the skin is oily, use a gentle skin cleanser. Dry the skin well before applying.
• Begin treatment with azelaic acid twice a day.
• The amount of azelaic acid to be used will depend on the size of the area to be treated:
If your entire face is affected, use 1 inch (about 0.5 grams) of ointment each time you apply azelaic acid.
How to store azelaic acid:
• Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
• Store azelaic acid at a temperature below 30°C.
• Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the carton after EXP.
• After opening the container for the first time, the shelf life is 6 months.
• Do not dispose of medicines in wastewater or household waste.